Friday, June 15, 2012

After Success?


Last week marked the 4 year anniversary of me leaving my office job and starting Cracked Designs full time. (I had been doing CD part time on the side for a year-ish  before that) It seems like forever ago since that time and I remember being so terrified and excited for what the future held for CD. I had all these goals in my head and couldn't wait to fulfill each and every one. Now, 4 years later, I look at those original goals and realize that I've accomplished them all. Pretty crazy, right?

You always read about what it takes to pursue your dream in life etc., but there doesn't seem to be any guide to what happens after success. Even though I've been runnin' this show for 4 years, I'm now faced with the same terrified and excited feeling in my gut I had all those years ago when I first started, and find myself asking that same question, "what happens next?".  It's always thrilling to be working towards something, but lately I've felt at a bit of a stand still, and I'm faced with making even bigger (and scarier) goals. It's a great feeling, but an odd feeling as well.

Anyways, I love this little company I've created. If I could, I would give it a fist bump, but then would make fun of how fist bumping is lame, and we would high five instead, because that's old school cool. Yes, these are the things I think about in my spare time, giving high fives to my own company. Deal with it.

PS: Obviously, some very exciting news is on the horizon, and I can't wait to share it with you all in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Exciting news.... Is Target picking your cards for their shop?!? : )