Monday, May 2, 2011

Little Man Party: Part 1


Well, it's hard to believe, but Beckett turned 1 over the weekend! To celebrate, we threw a big bash for our little man. I had so much fun planning the party and may have went a little over the top, but come on, you only turn 1 once! I'd love to share some of the details of the party!

First up, the decorations....

I made a bunch of paper poms and hung them from the ceiling in the living room, as well as paper flags and hung them above the dessert table.

I wanted to keep in theme, so I made a necktie 'Happy Birthday Beck!' banner, which I think turned out really cool! I loved adding little details around the house that people could discover.

One of my favorite things were the felt mustaches on sticks & handmade bow ties on sticks I made. The bow ties turned out really cool and were super easy to make. I had them set out so guests could easily grab 'em!

I made a silhouette Beckett portrait and put it in an old frame and put it on the dessert table. It was really easy to make, and I loved the vibe it added to the little man theme!

I also made a time line of photos of Beckett from all 12 months and hung them in order across the bookshelf. I also made these really cool 'No. 1' ribbons and hung them around the house, I loved the way they turned out!

Up next, more photos of the party details, along with the food!

2 comments:

Kristen Thompson said...

Love this party! Planning one for my own little man who's turning one next month. The felt mustaches and bow ties are too cute. Do you have a pattern for how you made the bow ties? Thanks for sharing! :)

Jackelyn said...

LOVE the invites. is it possible to purchase a personalized version for our sons 1st birthday?